- Archival Week-Battlefords Baseball Hall of Fame Monday February 2, 2015 to Friday February 6, 2015 - Mon.-Fri. 9:00 am - 4:00 pm, Saskatchewan Baseball Hall of Fame & Museum
The Saskatchewan Baseball Hall of Fame and the Saskatchewan Council for Archives and Archivists presents a week to honour those that contribute to our rich baseball heritage.
This is the 10th annual Archives week event showcasing the role that archives and archivists play in preserving and making available Saskatchewan's documentary heritage. Battlefords Baseball Hall of Fame is proud to be a part of honoring this important archival week.
For more information on archival week please visit the Saskatchewan Council for Archives and Archivists website at www.scaa.sk.ca or call the Saskatchewan Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum at 306-446-1983.
- The Dekker Centre presents – Hotel California Friday February 6, 2015 - 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm, Dekker Centre for the Performing Arts
Hotel California, the original tribute to The EAGLES, draws crowds of all ages with different musical styles: new country, classic rock and dance, featuring hits such as Life In The Fast Lane, Take It Easy, Desperado, Get Over It and many more - $40.00 + gst
- Tim Horton's Youth Bonspiel Saturday February 7, 2015 , Northland Power Curling Centre
Youth games with a maximum of eight ends and a minimum of four, with extra ends to break ties. All games are played CURLSASK and CCA rules. For more information please visit battlefordscurling.com or call the Northland Power Curling Centre at 306-937-2431.
- Community Service & Awareness Day Wednesday February 11, 2015 - 9:00 am - 3:00 pm, John Paul II Collegiate
Set up a table to promote your service or awareness group, and gather names for volunteers to promote your community group. For more information and to book a free table call Roxanne Stynsky at 306-446-2232 by January 30th. Each JPII student is required to complete a minimum of 10 hours community service. Let them know how they can help you. Hours: 9:00 am – 11:45 am, 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm in JPII gymnasium.
- Battle West District Playoffs Wednesday February 11, 2015 to Thursday February 12, 2015 , Northland Power Curling Centre
Battle West District Playoffs at Northland Power Curling Centre-The Saskatchewan High Schools Athletic Association presents a Battle West Athletics curling tournament. Senior games will be 8 ends and junior games will be 6 ends. For info call 306-937-2431.
- Seniors Tea Thursday February 12, 2015 - Begins at 3:00 pm, Battlefords Co-op Aquatic Centre
Have some tea with fellow seniors and discuss stories from your past. Enjoy an environment of community with the people from a generation that understands good tea, desserts and a good time. For more information on this event please call 306-445-1790.
Workout in pool from 3:00 pm - 3:30 pm. Tea and desserts to follow.
- North Stars-Jackfish Lake Ice Fishing Derby Saturday February 14, 2015 - 11:00 am - 3:00 pm, Battlefords Provincial Park
This large fishing derby first began with around 500 holes, but now the Battlefords North Stars event boasts around 3,000 holes drilled for the around 2,000 participants fishing for the glory to win one of the largest ice fishing derby’s in Western Canada. For tickets call 1-877-750-8055 or the North Stars office at 306-445-7827.
- North Battleford Winter-Tainment Week Sunday February 15, 2015 to Saturday February 21, 2015 - Multiple events, Citywide
A city winter festival featuring snow castle contest, hot dog roast, skating, family walk, horse drawn sleigh rides and more. For information contact the city at 306-445-1745.
- Vagina Monologues Saturday February 21, 2015 - 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm, Dekker Centre for the Performing Arts
This internationally known play features a diverse number of monologues read by a wildly divergent gathering of female voices. Each monologue deals with a different aspect of the female experience.
For tickets please contact the Dekker Centre box office at 306-445-7700 or purchase online at www.dekkercentre.com.
- Saskatoon Jazz Orchestra Sunday February 22, 2015 - 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm, Dekker Centre for the Performing Arts
Friends Remembered Tour Featuring Ross Ulmer, The Saskatoon Jazz Orchestra (SJO) is committed to presenting the highest caliber professional large jazz ensemble music through its programming. Tickets $34.00 + gst Adults, Students $ 19.00 + gst
- Aboriginal Storytelling Friday February 27, 2015 to Saturday February 28, 2015 , North Battleford Public Library
Featuring artist, teacher and writer Leah Dorion. Join us at the North Battleford Public Library for storytelling, dancing and snacks. For more information contact the library at 306-445-3206.
- Battle River Rocker Womens Bonspiel Friday February 27, 2015 to Sunday March 1, 2015 , Northland Power Curling Centre
This is the 84th Annual Battle River Rocker Womens Bonspiel held in the Battlefords. This “Fun in the Sun” 3 day weekend will feature a Red Solo Cup theme “Let’s Party”. All ages and all skill levels are welcome to participate, full 8 end games with Round Robin play. Includes appetizers, banquet and entertainment. Dress up as Red Neck Cowgirls for team prizes. Hit N’ Stay restaurant and lounge will be open all weekend.”
- One Bad Son Friday February 27, 2015 , Gold Eagle Casino
On February 27th, the Gold Eagle Casino proudly presents Vancouver rock band One Bad Son. Originally formed in Saskatoon in 2004, One Bad Son currently boasts five studio albums under their belt, with their most recent album release titled ‘Black Buffalo.’ Band members consist of Saskatchewan boys: Shane Volk (vocals), Adam Hicks (guitar), Adam Grant (bass) and Kurt Dahl (drums). Don’t miss the opportunity to see one of Canada’s largest rock bands in your home town. This is one, must-see-show, you can’t afford to miss. Tickets are only $25 and are going fast. Visit www.goldeaglecasino.ca or call 306-446-3833 to purchase yours.
- TriAQUAthon Saturday February 28, 2015 , Battlefords Co-op Aquatic Centre
The first of its kind annual Tri-Aqua-Thon is a triathlon all done in the water. It will include swimming laps, biking on a hydro-rider, and running in our “not so lazy” river. There will be sprint and mini distances: sprint length is 30 lengths of the lap pool, 40 minute bike, and 100 laps of the river; mini is half of those distances. Register today – only $25.
- JW Jones Band Sunday March 1, 2015 - 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm, Dekker Centre for the Performing Arts
There are musicians and there are entertainers… JW is both, JW-Jones is a Billboard Magazine Top 10 Selling Canadian rock/blues guitarist, singer, songwriter, and band leader. Tickets $32.00 + gst
- 34th Annual Ducks Unlimited Dinner & Auction Saturday March 7, 2015 - Cocktails 5:30 pm; dinner 7:00 pm, Gold Ridge Centre
The 34th Annual Ducks Unlimited Fundraising Dinner & Auction features dinner, cocktails, raffles, silent and live auctions. Tickets $35 call 306-441-6725
Tickets are also available at Holm Raiche Oberg Chartered Accountants, Scotiabank or the Ducks Unlimited office.
Ducks Unlimited is a not-for-profit, registered charity that conserves, restores and manages wetlands that are critical to waterfowl, wildlife and the environment.
- Cowboy Poetry- featuring Doris Daley Saturday March 7, 2015 - Cocktails 5:00 pm; roast beef supper 6:00 pm, Western Development Museum
The Western Development Museum presents Cowboy Poetry featuring twice named top female cowboy poet in North America, Doris Daley. Daley is an Alberta raised, grass fed, windblown, western wordsmith and award winning purveyor of rhymed and metered original poetry. She arrives in North Battleford fresh from performances in Arizona, Texas, and Kamloops.
Cocktails at 5:00 pm, roast beef supper at 6:00 pm. Cowboy poetry to follow. Advance tickets only.
For tickets and more information please contact the Western Development museum at 306-445-8033.
- Evening Out for Farmers and Friends Saturday March 7, 2015 - Doors open at 5:30 pm, Agrivilla
The Battlefords Agricultural Society is proud to present an Evening Out. The primary production sector of the Agriculture Industry is the back bone of our community. The Battlefords Agricultural Society holds an event designed to celebrate agriculture and its primary producers.
So go casual, or dress 'to the nines,' but definitely plan to attend this Farm Management event. You can't describe it until you have experienced it. Everyone welcome.
Advance tickets $25.00. Supper will be provided by B&D Meats, entertainment for the evening will be a comedian improv duo-Don't Mind Us. We will have fabulous door prizes as well as a wonderful line of silent auction items. Doors open at 5:30, supper at 6:30, entertainment at 7:30 and dancing at 9:00. For tickets and information please call the Battlefords Agricultural Society at 306-445-2024 or visit their website at www.agsociety.com.
- The Dekker Centre presents – Pavlo Monday March 9, 2015 - 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm, Dekker Centre for the Performing Arts
Pavlo Simtikidis (born June 29, 1969) is a guitarist who plays, “a Mediterranean sound mixing the folkloric styles of Greek and Latin music with pop sensibilities. $30.00 + gst
- Lions Art Auction Friday March 13, 2015 , Chapel Gallery
Lions Art Auction at the Chapel Gallery
- Shamrockathon Saturday March 14, 2015
Shamrockathon at Credit Union Cuplex
- Robert David Symons-Countryman Exhibition Friday March 20, 2015 to Thursday April 30, 2015 , Chapel Gallery
Robert David Symons-Countryman Exhibition
- Men's 92nd Annual Bonspiel Friday March 20, 2015 to Sunday March 22, 2015 - TBA, Northland Power Curling Centre
Men's 92nd Annual Bonspiel at the Twin Rivers Curling Club located in the Northland Power Curling Centre. Open to all men's teams. Three days of curling including a banquet and social evening at Hit 'N' Stay restaurant. For more information please call the curling club at 306-937-2431.
- Tim Horton's Mixed Provincial Championships Wednesday March 25, 2015 to Sunday March 29, 2015 - TBA, Northland Power Curling Centre
Mixed teams from across the province will be here for this championship. The winners of this championship will go on to compete in Nationals in November of 2015 at Toronto. Team Kirkpatrick from Swift Current, Saskatchewan won Nationals last year. For more information please call 306-937-2431.
- High School Drama Festival Thursday March 26, 2015 to Saturday March 28, 2015 , Dekker Centre for the Performing Arts
High School Drama Festival at the Dekker Centre for Performing Arts
- Year End Recognition Night and Wind Up Tuesday March 31, 2015 - TBA, Northland Power Curling Centre
Twin Rivers Curling Club Annual Awards night. Recognition for all league winners and dedicated volunteers at this annual evening. Held at Hit 'N' Stay restaurant in the Northland Power Curling Centre. For more information please call 306-937-2431.
- Battlefords Dance Festival Monday April 6, 2015 to Friday April 10, 2015 , Dekker Centre for the Performing Arts
Battlefords Dance Festival at the Dekker Centre for the Performing Arts
- Red Cross Day of Pink & Eggstravaganza Wednesday April 8, 2015
Red Cross Day of Pink & Eggstravaganza at Credit Union CUplex
- Cochin Community Players Productions Thursday April 9, 2015 to Sunday April 19, 2015 - April 9th-12th, 16th-19th
Cochin Community Players Productions
- Agrimex Home Farm & Trade Show Thursday April 9, 2015 to Saturday April 11, 2015 - April 9th – 11th, Battlefords Agricultural Society
For more information please visit www.agsociety.com or call 306-445-2024.
- Chautauqua Dog Show Friday April 10, 2015 to Sunday April 12, 2015 , Battleford Arena
For more information please call 306-937-2589.
- Connie Koldar Friday April 10, 2015 - 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm, Dekker Centre for the Performing Arts
Connie Isabelle Kaldor, CM (born 9 May 1953) is a Canadian folk singer/songwriter. She is the recipient of three Juno awards.
Born in Regina, Saskatchewan, she graduated from Campbell Collegiate in Regina in 1972 and the University of Alberta in 1976 with a BFA degree in theatre. She performed with various theatre groups, including Theatre Passe Muraille, The Mummers and 25th Street House Theatre, until 1979, when she gave it up to start a full-time music career. In 1981, she founded her own independent record label, Coyote Entertainment, and has released fourteen albums. In 1997 she was featured performer in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan on the last broadcast of Peter Gzowski's CBC national radio program Morningside.
'Dynamic delivery, excellent songs from the Canadian Prairie Queen....Quirky, often wickedly funny' - Regina Leader Post
- Battlefords Friendship Hockey Tournament Saturday April 11, 2015 to Sunday April 12, 2015 , Civic Centre
For more information on this tournament please call 306-937-5043.
- Svoboda Dance Festival Thursday April 16, 2015 to Sunday April 19, 2015 , Dekker Centre for the Performing Arts
For more information please visit www.dekkercentre.com or call the Dekker Centre box office at 306-445-7700.
- Battlefords Wildlife Federation 67th Annual Smoker Saturday April 18, 2015 , Civic Centre
For more information please call 306-445-4244 or 306-937-5043.
- Blues and Brews Saturday April 18, 2015 , Western Development Museum
For more information please call the Western Development Museum at 306-445-8033 or visit www.wdm.com. As well, stay tuned for information as it is updated.
- Battleford Community Players Tuesday April 21, 2015 to Saturday April 25, 2015 , Dekker Centre for the Performing Arts
For information on the theatre season, tickets and performances please call the BCP at 306-446-3133.
- Annual Kinsmen Rodeo Friday April 24, 2015 to Saturday April 25, 2015 , Civic Centre
For more information on the upcoming rodeo please call 306-937-5043.
- Golf Spring Scramble Saturday April 25, 2015 to Sunday April 26, 2015 , North Battleford Golf & Country Club
For more information please visit www.northbattlefordgolf.com or call 306-937-5656. Stay tuned for information as it is updated.